Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Caption Contest Afterthoughts and Musings for the People

It has come to our attention that our choice of winner for Caption Contest #2, Kevin Equitz has caused some rumbling in the corps. This is a shame.

We stand behind our position 100% because lines like "Kiss me you fool of a flightless bird replica!" cannot easily be denied. (Tip hat again to Kevin as well as to Mr Minegar who embodies comedy in all areas of human life).


We have brought this to your attention for two reasons:

1) We have recieved a late entry that was comedically noteworthy of blog attention for Caption Contest #3.
2) We failed to give the decoded message upon conferring the winner of Caption #3.

Therefore...

Kenton's post, " "It's a good thing we brought along that New Kids on the Block tape; otherwise our coreography would be all screwy" brought us quite a good laugh, even though it was late.

And for the "tougher than the Da Vinci Code" hidden message decipherization....(the answer is)

Dead Sea Scrolls. (Isn't life frustratingly simple sometimes? Actually this pic was taken at Qumran where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found and so Hannah on the left is hanging herself, though she looks like Rocky Balboa, Heidi is a "C", Bodie is unrolling the scroll and Melissa is pointing to the location. New Kids was not far off either. Nor the YMCA. I always knew there could be a connection of the Village People to ancient codexes!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah-I know how to decipher people in weird positions in the middle of the Israeli desert.
I should've just gone with the gut and not included the HCF part but figured might be going with...what was a feat to do in the pool on the family retreat.
Love the pictures...makes me definitely want to see about going on the tour in the future.
Love you guys,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sticking up for me dude.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to set the record straight and say that I have not so much as rumbled about my Honorable Mention prize for the caption contest. I am extremely proud of my accomplishment and have been telling everyone I know that I am a big winner, while not as quite as big as Mr. Equitz. Congrats to Kevin Equitz. You are the man.

Matt Minegar