We have set up this blog as an easy way to Chronicle our trip to Israel from March 6-17. Every time we will be able to get online, we will do our best to post what we have done so that you can be there with us, well kind of.
If you are curious about the trip itself, go here:
http://compass.org/tours/detail.php?id=2
It is coming up...
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Wow.. Outstanding! Congrats man... way jealous... take lots of great pics. This way if you ever teach a New Testament Class in Seminary you don't have to really teach anything, rather you can just show the pictures... oh wait, I think I know someone who already does that
You crack me up, you crazy man
We are so excited for you guys! We will strool down memory lane while looking at your pictures and hearing your stories.
You must, MUST!! try a "Falafel" dont ask why, just do it. Its not great but then you can say you did!
Wish we could go with!
Davese
Strool??? Strole, I think that correct.....
So, We as the old folks have never blogged before. Please be kind and patient with our learning curve. We are so excited about being able to follow you on the trip!
B&H-
Pure Cool Christians
From Heritage
Growing in the Sun!!
Hey Bodie, don't worry about the Youth Deprtment while you are gone, as Agusto and I have it all figured out:
*Wednesday night plans:
Basics to Base Jumping: We will be jumping of the roof of the church onto inflated trash bags (we decided to use Hefty bags for safety reasons)
In the spirit of the Olympics we will also be practicing the Luge: we will be strapping the youth on skateboards and sending them down the storm drains up in Anaheim Hills. This experience will definately draw them closer to their Lord.
*Sunday Mornings plans:
Military tactics: We will be having a paintball squrmish in the church parking lot. We have decided on utilizing Kenny's Willy's as one home base and Pastor Tom's Tahoe as the other. Of course Agusto and I are responsible, so we got paintball colors which blend nicley with their vehicles.
Community Service:
Community car wash for donations. Since Agusto and I are into helping as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time, we decided to utilize the fire hydrant, below the church near the entrance to Chapman. We will hook up a distributer and several hoses manned by the youth and hose down the cars as they crest the hill. We will then have several youth at the next light accepting donations for the car wash. Agusto thinks this can be a big money maker for our department.
So, you just sit back and relax, nowing all is well!! We want you to be at total peace for this year of seminary, crammed into several days.
The entire Youth Department will be praying for your safety.
***DISCLAIMER***
YOUTH IN THE YOUTH DEPARTMENT: WE WILL NOT BE DOING ANYTHING LIKE THIS IN THE QUIRK'S ABSENSE. ADDITIONALLY NONE OF THESE EVENTS ARE SUPPORTED BY HERITAGAE CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP, ITS YOUTH DEPARTMENT. DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY OF THE EVENTS ABOVE. THANK YOU.
Lets just re - decorate his office!!
Sorry- anonymous was me. Guilty as charged
heey!! this thing is soo cool!!! i justy learned how to write web pages at school..lets see if i can change something....Hey did i make it bold? lol well have fun you guys..we will all be praying for you!!
oh my gosh i just read what James wrote..that was pretty funny!!
Thanks Rachel!!
Dad and I really enjoyed getting you to the airport. Of course we miss you already. I hope the Cherry Trees are still in bloom in front of the Capitol.
Love, Boogie Mamma
Wow - you are so fortunate to have this opportunity to experience while you are young enough to really enjoy it. I will look forward to hearing more about your trip and the special occasion to view your pictures. I am so excited for you and will be praying for your safe journey and return. Hugs and lots of love,
JoyceT
James, I cried I laughed so hard when I read your post. Pure genious. Now you're fired!
(Just Kidding!)
-Heidi
Post a Comment